Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy is a popular skin rejuvenating treatment known as the Vampire Facial. The name “Vampire Facial” comes from the use of the patient’s own blood in the treatment, and the prevalence of vampires in popular culture.
This procedure has gained a lot of media attention because of its popularity with celebrities and its sensational nickname. Clients are amazed by this treatments ability to refresh skin and erase wrinkles.
PRP therapy is autologous, which means it comes from one’s own body. A good candidate for this treatment is someone who wants to improve the quality and appearance of their skin. Specifically, the Vampire Facial can be used to treat:
- Crow’s feet
- Dark circles around the eyes
- Fine lines around the mouth
- Dull, rough, or grey skin tone and texture
- Sun damaged skin
- Acne scarring on face , décolletage or back
- Creped skin around the eyes, décolletage or other areas on the body
- Stretch marks on other areas of the body
- Scaring on other areas of the body including face and decoletage